We Select Windows (North West) LTD t/a Select Windows are committed to protecting your privacy during your visits to Select Windows (North West) LTD t/a Select Windows websites and recognise our responsibility to keep the information you provide to us confidential at all times.
We protect your personal information on the Internet to an equivalent high standard to that you experience through any other channels through which we may interact with you, such as our showrooms, show sites, home visits or on the telephone.
A ‘cookie’ is information that a website stores on your computer so that it can remember something about you at a later time. Cookies are commonly used on the Internet and do not harm your system.
The cookies used on Select Windows (North West) LTD t/a Select Windows websites do not include any information that others could read and understand about you, such as your name or contact details.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
This practice is strictly adhered to. We know that people have concerns about cookies, but we believe that the benefit we both gain from their proper use is worthwhile. You may set your web browser (Microsoft Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator) to notify you of cookie placement requests or decline cookies completely. You can delete the files that contain cookies – those files are stored as part of your Internet browser.
When you apply for a product or service on Select Windows (North West) LTD t/a Select Windows websites, you will be asked for personal information that is needed to process your application.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- Our representatives may follow up, either by e-mail, phone or mail, as part of our customer care procedures.
- We may periodically send promotional information about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the contact details you provided by requesting information from us.
For your protection we will also: Not hold more information about you than is required for the purposes for which it is being processed. Take reasonable endeavours to ensure that any information about you is accurate and kept up to date. Not keep your information for longer that is necessary or as required by law. Process your information in accordance with your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998.
We do not have any control over the websites of any other company outside Select Windows (North West) LTD t/a Select Windows. So if you click on a link on our site that takes you to another website we cannot be held responsible for your privacy when you are on that website.
Use of Website
1.The information provided on this website or in any communication containing a link to this site is for personal use and information purposes only and is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction in any country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject any member / dealer of Select Windows (North West) LTD t/a Select Windows to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction. Where any opinions are expressed on this website, they are provided by Select Windows (North West) LTD t/a Select Windows for personal use and for information purposes only.
- Unless otherwise stated on the product pages, the services and products on this website are intended for use by residents of the United Kingdom only, and are not aimed at or intended for use by residents of any other jurisdiction.
- Where any information on this website constitutes a financial promotion it is issued and approved for publication and distribution in the United Kingdom only.4. The information you provide on our online forms will be used to process your request quickly and accurately. This information will not be shared with any third parties. However, in the unlikely event that we are unable to service your request (for example, due to geographic restrictions), we may pass your details on to carefully selected third parties in order to assist you further.
Exclusion of Liability
5. These ‘Exclusion of Liability’ provisions should be read carefully as they exclude or limit our legal liability in connection with your use of this website. Nothing in these terms and conditions and in particular within the ‘Exclusion of Liability’ clauses shall attempt to exclude liability that is not permissible to exclude under applicable law, including without limitation, for fraudulent misrepresentation.
- While we have taken all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the content of the website, we exclude any warranties, undertakings or representations (either express or implied) to the full extent permitted under applicable law, that the website or (including without limitation) all or any part of the content or materials, accuracy, availability or completeness of the content of the website or any part of the content or materials, are appropriate or available for use either in the United Kingdom.
- Access to and use of this website is at the user’s own risk and we do not warrant that the use of this website or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to any property, or otherwise minimise or eliminate the inherent risks of the internet including but not limited to loss of data, computer virus infection, spyware, malicious software, trojans and worms. Also, we accept no liability in respect of losses or damages arising out of changes made to the content of this website by unauthorised third parties.
- To provide increased value to users of this website, we may provide links to other websites or resources (that are not part of Select Windows (North West) LTD t/a Select Windows for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and that we do not review or endorse and shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for (i) the privacy practices of such websites, (ii) the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources or (iii) the use that others make of these websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
10. © Select Windows (North West) LTD t/a Select Windows. All rights, save as expressly granted, are reserved. Reproduction in any form of any part of the contents of this website without our prior written consent is prohibited.
- The trademarks, logos, images, photographs and service marks (“Marks”) displayed on this website are the property of Select Windows (North West) LTD t/a Select Windows or other third parties. Users are not permitted to use these Marks without the prior written consent of Select Windows (North West) LTD t/a Select Windows or such third party which may own the Mark.
Changes to this Website
The contents of this website, including these terms and conditions of use, are subject to change by us without notification. Additionally, Select Windows (North West) LTD t/a Select Windows shall not be obliged to remove any outdated information from the website or to expressly mark it as being outdated.
13. Calls may be recorded.
14. In order to maintain the security of its systems, protect its staff and detect fraud and other crimes, Select Windows (North West) LTD t/a Select Windows reserves the right to monitor all internet communications, including web and email traffic, into and out of its domains. Monitoring includes (without limitation) checks for viruses and other malignant code, and use or content that is unauthorised or unlawful or material that may cause offence in any way.
15. In the event that any provision of these terms and conditions of use of this website is held unenforceable, it will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
16. The terms and conditions of use of this website are governed by the laws of England and any dispute regarding this website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Select Windows (North West) LTD t/a Select Windows
Company No. 08268569
Article 2 for GDPR compliance.
The identity and contact details of the controller (and where applicable, the controller’s representative) and the data protection officer
The Data Controller is Select Windows (North West) LTD t/a Select Windows
To contact the Data Controller, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are not required to have a designated data protection officer
Purpose of the processing and the lawful basis for the processing
We are collecting your personal information to discuss, review and implement any chosen sales activities, account services, you have chosen and/or agreed to.
Our basis for processing is:
Your consent to the processing of this personal data for the specific purposes of review and implement any chosen sales activities, account management or support services, you have chosen and/or agreed to work with us for.
If you do not accept this basis, then you may object to us or to the ICO as described below
Categories of personal data
The categories of personal data collected are:
- Telephone Number
Any recipient or categories of recipients of the personal data
We may transfer your personal data to a 3rd party solely for the specific purpose of fulfilling or agreed duties to you as our client.
Your personal data may also be shared with third parties for the purposes of fulfilling
the re quirements of the Competent Person Scheme for self-certification under the Building Regulations & GGFI for Insurance Backed Guarantee ‘s.
Personal data includes title, name, address, phone and email addresses. This data will be used to provide essential documentation and will be retained on files for the lifetime of the guarantees which do not exceed 10 years .
Details of transfers to third country and safeguards
The data is within the UK/EU/USA, and is not transferred outside the UK/EU/USA
- We may transfer this personal data to any country. Where we do so, we have ensured the following safeguards are in place by not transferring to third parties.
Retention period or criteria used to determine the retention period
We will retain your personal data for the duration of our activity with you and for a period of 10 years for the purpose of guarantee’s/warranties.
The existence of each of the data subject’s rights
You have the following rights about the use of your personal information:
- If the basis for processing is your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us. Please note that we may not be able to continue to provide you with our services in this case.
- If your personal information is incorrect, you may request that errors or incomplete entries be rectified
- In certain circumstances, you may have the right to be forgotten and your data erased. Please contact if you wish to exercise this right.
- Whilst any request is being investigated, you have the right to restrict processing, so that your information will simply be stored.
- You can request the return of transfer of any personal data you have given to us in a portable electronic format
- You can object to the processing of your information for the purpose of market research at any time, or when you do not accept the legality of the processing
- You can object to the automated decision making and profiling of your personal information without human intervention, unless you have given express consent to such automated processing, or it is specified in a contract which you have signed.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us via the contact form on our website at www.select-windows.com/privacy-policy or by emailing us at email@example.com
The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office by
- Helpline. Call them on 0303 123 1113, Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm.
- Live chat. Have an online conversation with someone at the ICO at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/live-chat/.
- Email. Use the form at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/
The source the personal data originates from and whether it came from publicly accessible sources
Your personal information is collected when you contact us via telephone/email/website/social media and we will only use it to contact you in regards to Select Windows as we do not pass information to third parties other than for the purpose of fulfilling our duties to you our client.
The existence of automated decision making, including profiling and information about how decisions are made, the significance and the consequences.
- We do not use auto decision making.